Uploading voice clips to Youtube — Sharing some tips
My Little Chit chats
I am yet to switch to Podcasts. I usually drive myself to work. And, I have a problem with playing podcasts or even music for that matter while I drive! Probably that is the reason I never got into podcasts. The only series of podcasts I listened to was that of Kat Kuan.
Word of caution: the below two paragraphs can be offensive, if you are highly spiritual. I strongly recommend you to not read this, if you are spiritual. You may jump to the “Into the Blog” session directly if you would still like to continue reading the blog.
I have no idea what I am missing out because I don’t listen to podcasts. Recently, an old batchmate of mine shared some podcasts and I am yet to listen to them. The reason I am delaying listening to them is because he introduced me to those casts saying that they are on positive thinking.
These days, I am “allergic” to what they call positive thinking and the word “positive”. The rationalist in me wakes up when I hear the word positive & I (or at least my mind) just walk away from there. When someone talks about “positive vibes”, I sometimes stop taking that person seriously(though not for ever). I however am in love with the words “optimism”, “ambitions”, “dreams” , “passions’, “hard works” etc. Again when I hear “smart work”, I tend to lose interest.
So, coming back to podcasts. I have an uncle (I should say grand father, considering the relationship. But, I address him as uncle since he is of my dad’s age) who used to blog a lot. He has age related health issues and cannot afford to strain his eyes now and he wanted to do some voice blogging. I had recommended podcasts to him sometime back and sent him some links. Since I am also not into podcasts, I could not guide him well to get him started with this.
Recently, we worked out a solution for him and got his voice clips uploaded on YouTube. He now sends his voice clips on Whatsapp as voice messages and it can be uploaded to YouTube with minimal efforts. And, a big thanks to him. I used the same techniques later and released my first training material on Github. The idea just flashed when I saw his YouTube channel coming alive.
Into the blog: — Converting Voice clips and uploading them to YouTube.
In this blog, I am sharing how we can get a raw voice file which comes in as a Whatsapp message and upload it onto Youtube. (There might be better options. This is something which I followed)
- Move the voice clip from the phone to a desktop or a laptop (use the share option. Sharing to gmail is one good way to do this. Whatsapp on web should also be a good option, I guess)
- If the file in question is a voice clip from youTube, Convert the .opus file into .mp3 using some format converter. The below is one site which I use.
3. Choose an image — Youtube assumes that your media file is a video. Hence you need to convert this voice clip into an mp4. We can use one banner kind of image to make the voice clip a video file with one stationary image. So, identify an image which you would like to use in the Youtube.
4. Convert the mp3 file to a one image mp4 video using any online converter. Listing two sites which I use frequently:
Make a One Image Music Video - Merge One Image and One MP3 into a MP4 Video
Free web service to combine one image with one audio (MP3) file to make a MP4 video. Make a one picture image music…
Audio to Video, convert MP3 with image to MP4 - Online Converter
This tool can convert audio with image into video file, you can easily share your audio or music with your friends. The…
5. This video can now be uploaded into YouTube. Placed below is a sample video so that you can get a feel of how the final version would be.